Please help our Calvary Chapel Westside Lahaina Ohana
AUGUST 8, 2023 IS A DAY THAT WE WILL NEVER FORGET.
Perry & Laurie Allen
Perry was at work on August 8. Laurie was home when the fire struck. She heroically attempted to rescue her landlord and neighbor when they realized the fire was getting close, but unfortunately she was the only one who survived. Tragically, she suffered burns to 73% of her body, and during the times she was awake in the burn unit on Oahu she testified to God’s direct intervention in getting her out alive.
Laurie fought for life for 53 days after the fire, but on September 29, 2023, the Lord called her home.
Perry lost everything in the fire, including the love of his life, and is dealing with a mountain of red tape and astronomical hospital bills as he grieves. You can assist him in rebuilding his life, as well
as read the full story of what happened, at the following link.
The Bogosian Ohana
(Pastor Steve ’s daughter)
Tyler, Nikki and their children escaped the fire with only the clothes on their back. They made it safely to her parent’s house, but the Lahaina fire destroyed everything they own. Not only personal items were lost, but as a cancer survivor Nikki also lost thousands of dollars of medical equipment she used on a daily basis.
Thankfully they are able to find a place of rest with her parents, but along with the rest of Lahaina they are facing concerns over what will happen in the long-term. Please help them by using the following link:
Or you can donate directly through Venmo here:
The Amano Ohana
Andrew and his wife Dawn lived in Lahaina. They escaped their home with three of their cats and nothing else, but were soon thwarted by a downed mango tree, and then other vehicles attempting to also flee the approaching flames. With the fire reaching their car they made the heart wrenching decision to go on foot, and were forced to leave two of their cats behind. Running for their lives they managed to get to their daughter’s home. As the flames began to engulf the house the entire family escaped through the backyard and thankfully made it to safety. Both families lost everything, including their cars.
You can assist them here:
The Murray Ohana
Ricky, Mia and their children fled Lahaina along with the rest of the small town’s residents, leaving everything behind except their family. Thankfully, weeks later, they were informed that their home is still standing! Unfortunately, due to toxins and unsafe conditions in the area, they cannot yet return to their home. At this time they are living in temporary housing until Maui County officials give them the okay to return and evaluate whether their home is habitable.
They need your assistance. Please help them here:
The Paulino Ohana
I’m Zelia Paulino. My husband is Paul, and our children are Antonio and Malia. My family made it out of the fire on August 8 with our cars and a change of clothes. We lost our home of 23 years. As well, our business, which was located at another address, was also lost. The hardest part of this is that even after 7 weeks we cannot go home.
I’m keeping my eyes on HIM and I’ll get home in due time here on Earth and in Heaven. Thank you for everything you are doing to help us all! Please keep praying as we need His guidance.
You can give to our family directly here:
The Vera Ohana
My name is Pamela Vera and I was affected by the August 8, 2023 Lahaina Wildfires. Thankfully my rental home is still standing, just above the burn zone, and my family is all safe.
My business, Island Bookkeeping Solutions, is all but destroyed, leaving me without income. Most of my clients have lost both business and home, others just businesses … The difficulty for me is that I will have to recreate a set of books for each of these businesses for this year’s tax return, which feels like billing them for work I have already completed. I am struggling with needing to charge them. Several will not rebuild as they were within 3-5 years of retirement. I have spend most days since the fire volunteering at the distribution center in my neighborhood, and trying to assist my oldest daughter as her home was lost to the fire.
I would be extremely appreciative of financial support for my rent and car payment for a couple of months so that I can accomplish the task of recreating books for my now prior accounts and focus on trying to rebuild my business with new clients.
You can help us here
The Mau Ohana
Russ and Traci Mau were with Calvary Chapel Westside from its beginning.
They served in many ways for many years. Russ was an elder and served on the board. Russ is now a Calvary Chapel pastor in Berthoud, Colorado.
They rented out their home in Lahaina, using it as their main source of income. Sadly, their Maui home was lost in the fire, completely burning to the ground. Due to lack of income, and their insurance being canceled, they are facing losing their Colorado home as well.
You can assist them at this link: